Home Forums Cotswold Flour Baking Club Forum Cotswold Crunch in Panasonic Bread Machine

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Cindypelon
      Participant

So far I have had no success, too much water. Can anyone recommend what programme to use, Wholemeal or white

Thankyou

Barbara

Roger Cross
      Participant

Hi Barbara, I haven’t got a Panasonic, neither have I used Cotswold Crunch but I see it is based on strong white flour with added flakes etc. so I would treat it as a white loaf and go from there. Are you using the recipe on the back of the bag? If so it looks about right to me but if it is too wet I would try again with less water. you can always adjust the mix until it looks right, during the first few minutes of the kneading cycle. That is what I do with my Morphy Richards.
      Regards, Roger

Cindypelon
      Participant

Thanks Roger, I finally wrote to Matthews and asked as had too many not good loaves. They suggested 230-250 pls water which is a lot less than I have been experimenting with. The 230mls worked brilliantly
      Regards
      Barbara

Philip Gregg
      Participant

Yes it worked fine in my Panasonic following the White loaf programme.

Cindypelon
      Participant

Thankyou

stronab
      Participant

I use the following recipe for my Panasonic machine and it works perfectly every time. Add to the pan in the following order: 300g strong white, 200g Cotswold Crunch, 1tsp sugar, 28g oil or butter, 1 tsp salt, 300ml cold water (it must be stone cold). Add 7g dried yeast to the yeast dispenser. Programme 4 (takes five hours). Oil gives a softer texture than butter. Any oil will do. I have used olive, groundnut, rapeseed, sunflower and vegetable, all with the same results. Good luck.

Cindypelon
      Participant

Thankyou, will try that

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.