Tagged: 

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Annam Javid
      Participant

Hi,

Ive just recently purchased the T55 flour and am all new to the bread loaf making world, has anybody tried this flour for bread loaves if so what is it like and what recipes have worked for you?

And for bagguettes do you just use the fwp recipe.

Thank you

CareyS
      Participant

Nowadays developers make progress and the people are placing an order to get company products at a huge level. Well to know about the company which provides excellent software products at a reasonable price to the public. Thumbs up and keep it up to bring such genuine essay writing service uk stuff always.

Redmerlin
      Participant

Hi. T55 makes a wonderful light bread with a real crusty crust! My recipe for making baguettes
      In bread maker or by hand
      in bowl ( or in this order into Breadmaker container)
      1/2 pt Mug of water
      3 Tablespoons olive oil
      1 tablespoon Sugar
      1 teaspoon salt
      500 gms T55 Flour
      2 teaspoons yeast.

Select french bread dough on bread maker menu or….

Mix by hand contents of bowl until combined to a ball of dough.
      Knead for at least 10-15 minutes until the dough is smooth and elastic and doesn’t stick to your hands..( Play your fav music and knead to the rhythm or listen to your fav radio programmes)
      Cover bowl with cling film and leave to rise in a warm place for 2 hours or until it has doubled in size.
      Knead again until the dough has lost it’s “squeak”. (This ensures there will be no big holes in the loaf)
      Cut into two or four equal parts depending on how thin you want your Baguettes. ( My small oven and trays are not big enough to make those long French Sticks )
      Roll into desired size and place on baking trays. Diagonally slash the tops along length with a sharp knife. 3 0r 4 will do)
      Cover to stop drying and to keep warmth in.
      Leave to prove until the Baguettes are well risen and of a smooth shape.
      Bake in hot oven for about 20 mins .Pre heat the oven (I bake mine at 200 F) Putting a small tray of water at the bottom of the oven keeps the loaves from getting too dry.
      You can tell when bread is cooked when it comes away cleanly from the baking tray and by knocking the bottom of the loaf with your knuckles. It should make a clear hollow sound.
      I hope this helps. All ovens are different so keep an eye on your bread whilst cooking. Check after 15 mins. The loaves should be turning a nice golden colour. If they are getting too dark turn down the oven for the last 5 mins. If you want a hard crusty loaf leave a little longer.
      Cool on a wire rack.
      Happy baking! I hope this helps. I bake as I was taught by my Grandmother so forgive my mixture of cups and weight measures…. The recipes are in my head and I use mugs and cups, Pounds and ounces (Not USA sizes) to measure.((I am rather elderly!) I weighed out the flour one day and found my Cups of flour weighed pretty exactly 150 gms when my children were learning cookery using metric weights. I now use dried yeast as I can’t get fresh easily but fresh yeast is really better if you can get it. I often make my dough by hand and leave it to rise naturally on the kitchen work top overnight. This also gives the best results but time is not always available when you are a busy working mother!

Annam Javid
      Participant

Hey! Thank you so much for that! When you say 1/2 pt mug of water do you know how many ML this is? Or should i add as according to how the breead comes together. So i tried this flour bread and you are right i didnt use the recipe as per the website but it came out wonderful! I read lots of forums that said to bake bread at 200 degrees celcious however i found it gave my bread a course texture , so i have been baking mine on 160 degrees celcious and it had been coming out so moist and delicious.

Im yet to retry the flour for bagguettes as the last recipe i used was one for soft white baps and just turned them into a bagguette roll but it didnt work with the T55 it was very dry and firm not sure what i did but will give it a go againn!

Thanks alot , stay safe ❤️

Redmerlin
      Participant

Hi Annam. I have always made my own bread (I am 75! so it’s a long time) Don’t fret. Please don’t give up because your bread isn’t perfect!. It’s something that comes with experience and practice. Baking by hand is the best way to learn. You get to experience the “Feel” of the dough. You learn to understand how yeast behaves for you in your kitchen and with your oven. Bread making machines are fine but they too are different. My old one gave up the ghost and I am still getting to grips with my new one after three months. I still sometimes get it wrong! I made my own recipe for malted fruit loaf in it yesterday and decided to do the “bake” in it. it was still good when I just made the dough in the bread maker then proved it and baked it but baking it in the machine wasn’t quite so good it smelled burned and the crust was a bit singed! So in future I will take it out a few minutes early before it gets too browned! Everyone’s measures are different too. so again you need practice. The more you bake the more satisfying it becomes.Don’t be afraid to experiment. It sometimes ends up feeding the birds or making a bread and Butter pudding!But don’t worry next time try a little more of this and less of that until you get it right YOUR way Always remember yeast is a living organism. A little too much salt will kill it as will too high temperatures when rising. Not warm enough will also affect the yeast cells. Too much or too little water makes a difference as does the way you knead by hand. If the gluten isn’t stretched enough then the finished bread will be “heavy”. So it’s hard to say what went wrong from a distance. Bread making is an art. A very useful one. Bread without all the additives is wonderful and the aroma of freshly baked bread is basic, welcoming and comforting. ( my neighbours have commented on how nice it smells!) Happy baking and you too stay safe and well.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.